Ballinger Park is a 55 acre Park on the north and east shores of Lake Ballinger. This park houses a multipurpose sport complex, the Mickey Corso Community Clubhouse, a 42 acre natural park area and a boat launch.
The sports complex consists of a full length multipurpose sports field used for baseball, softball and soccer. The playground amenities include two play structures and picnic tables.
The Mickey Corso Community Clubhouse is operated by the Mountlake Terrace Senior Center with community programming and available room rentals.
The Boat Launch is located on the east shore of the 100 acre Lake Ballinger and offers one of the only public boating, fishing and swimming areas on the lake. Amenities include a boat launch, fishing pier, beach access, picnic tables, barbecues, swimming beach and restroom facilities. Year round fishing is available.
The natural park area is a former nine-hole golf course converted to a natural area with nature trails, ponds, hall creek and is adjacent to the Interurban Trail to the west and the Lakeview Trail to the east. A Master Plan for this area of the park was adopted in 2015 and can be found here: Ballinger Park Master Plan
Ballinger Park is a 55-acre passive park that was a former 9-hole golf course and features beautiful Lake Ballinger.
Ballinger Park is a Habitat for Birds and Wildlife
Aerial Photo of Beach and Dock by Dean Wallace
For field reservation and information contact the Mountlake Terrace Pavilion at 425-776-9173
The area featured beautiful Lake Ballinger that is bordered by Edmonds to the west and Mountlake Terrace to the east. The lake was originally called Lake McAleer after Hugh McAleer, a logger who owned much of the land around the lake. The island in the lake was said to have been discovered by Ira Bartholomew in 1890 who built a homestead on the island with his wife, Julia.
Judge Richard Achilles Ballinger (who was elected Seattle Mayor in 1904) was fishing on the lake and struck up a conversation with Ira Bartholomew. He purchased the property in 1901 and named it after his father (Richard Henry Ballinger) who was a Civil War Veteran. Richard A. Ballinger later became Secretary of the Interior in the William Taft administration.
The Great Western Lumber Company operated from the northwest shore of Lake Ballinger in the early 1900's. The lumber company floated logs across the lake to the mill which was located adjacent to the Interurban Railway that delivered supplies between Seattle and Everett.